A striped top is a classic spring piece. So classic, that I thought it was too basic to be the subject of a post. Then, over the last month, I happened to find some new striped tops with details that made them fun and interesting. All three are versatile, comfortable and currently on sale. If you’re looking for a new striped top to freshen up your spring outfits, keep reading for what to buy and how to style it…
The Striped Wrap
I found this sleeveless wrap top quite by accident. It was tucked between all the long-sleeved winter sale items but had also been marked down. There are four reasons, why I couldn’t resist it.
- The ruched side and the diagonal stripes make it much more interesting than a striped tank.
- It’s a faux wrap with a little button at the neckline to hold it in place (so it’s easier to wear than a true wrap.)
- It can be dressed up or down (work and weekend!)
- Unlike so many white tops, it is not sheer.
Striped Wrap + Cardigan In Color + Black Wide Leg Pants
Because this top is made of modal (lightweight, soft and stretchy) it can also be your casual staple. Wear it with almost any casual bottoms: cropped jeans, skorts, shorts, or skirts. I styled mine with a denim skirt and a knit jersey open-front cardigan.
Striped Wrap + Casual Cardigan + Denim Skirt
The Stripe Tunic
While I was at
- It is soft, stretchy and not see-through!
- Since I’m under 5’4″, the top is long enough to cover my assets when I wear skinny jeans or leggings.
- The crossover detail on the hemline makes it more interesting than the average striped t-shirt.
Striped Cross-Front Top + Floral Bottoms + Skinny Scarf
This two-color pinstripe is easy to match with other prints like florals, polka dots, animal prints or even other stripes. If you need help in matching prints, you’ll find a link at the bottom of this post, for some helpful tips. Of course, you can always wear this with white jeans, blue jeans, tan pants or any other solid color spring bottoms.
The Square Neck Striped Top
You may be surprised to hear it, but this square neck striped top is not from
- A square neck makes a nice change from the typical round and v-neck tops.
- The patchwork stripe makes this top more interesting than a basic striped t-shirt.
- It’s a shorter top so it works with pants and skirts that are wider or have more volume.
Square-neck Striped Top +Cotton Jacket + Wide Leg Pants
These are my Athleta super soft wide leg pants, that I pull out any time I’ve gained weight, feel grumpy or just need to be comfortable! (These ones are similar.) Any casual jacket works with this look, or if it is warm enough to go without, wear a necklace or scarf to complete your look.
Square-neck Striped Top +Denim Jacket + Flared Skirt
This top would also look great with jeans, pants in any color, or a midi-skirt.
If you need more styling help, here are some other posts you might like to read:
Mix or Match? (How to mix prints.)
I’ll be adding more outfit inspiration to my Instagram account over the next week, so be sure to connect with me there. I’ll also pin more shopping options to my Spring/Summer 2019 Style Pinterest Board.
P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog so that you don’t miss my next post!