I have an obsession for boxes, bags, and baskets. Maybe it is because I am the organizer in the family. I find a use for every container. Perhaps it is that I love giving and receiving gifts, and my favorite ones come in fancy packages. Here on the farm, we are always bundling up treats. My husband is the apiarist (beekeeper), egg collector, apple sauce and jam maker. I am the baker, supplies collector, card and tag maker.
A few years ago, when I was most frustrated with the limited shopping options in our small town, I started looking for the fashion version of our farm baskets: subscription boxes. I wanted to add a little New York City glamor to my countryside closet. There are hundreds of options now, but the one that I found then has remained my source for new brands and a touch of glamor. Here are some of my favorite items from two years of subscribing to Rachel Zoe’s Box of Style.
[ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”2″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_thumbnails” override_thumbnail_settings=”0″ thumbnail_width=”240″ thumbnail_height=”160″ thumbnail_crop=”1″ images_per_page=”20″ number_of_columns=”0″ ajax_pagination=”0″ show_all_in_lightbox=”0″ use_imagebrowser_effect=”0″ show_slideshow_link=”1″ slideshow_link_text=”[Show slideshow]” order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]
Subscription Box Highlights
- It’s a quarterly subscription with sneak previews. If you choose the seasonal subscription, you can choose to cancel a particular box.
- It features several brands in each box, and varies from season to season.
- You can customize some items, but for the most part, you get what you get, so it pushes your fashion boundaries.
- It includes clothing, accessories, beauty and home goods so you’ll never receive too much of anything.
- When I e-mailed their customer service about a defective item, it was immediately replaced by an efficient, apologetic representative.
I’m keeping an eye out for alternatives, but this seems to me to be the most fashion forward, no-return subscription out there. Let me know your favorite(s) in the comments below!